The first round of this prompt fest was in January. People seemed to enjoy it, so I thought I'd run it again.
Part of my writing process, when I can't get any writing done, is to write random prompts. Here are ten, which you should feel free to take. If you do take one, please post your result (or, if it's long, a link to it) in comments. (I'll update this post to reflect your offering.)
1. Getting to lick it off was the best part.
2. "This is not the pudding you're looking for."
3. [Character's name] had never much cared for tarts.
4. Severus was appalled.
5. The way the tendrils wrapped themselves around . . . .
6. "I read about it in Hogwarts: A History."
7. In the history of wedding disasters, this one was the . . . .
8. [Character's name] glared at the creature.
9. "But vampires don't go in for that sort of thing!"
10. [Character's name] didn't have to be told twice.
Note to self: this post isn't backed up to IJ.